Friday, June 17, 2011

Ftibit testimonial

I haven't been a very good steward of this blog but I thought I would relay my experiences over the last two months as I attempt to reclaim my health, vigor and vanity. Roughly 7 weeks ago I decided to invest in a Fitbit, a VC-backed start-up touting a fairly sophisticated technology that ostensibly allows the user to take control of their personal wellness. I first came across the Fitbit on Twitter as I follow Brad Feld who happens to be an investor/board member of Fitbit.

Fitbit is essentially a pedometer on steroids as it uses 3d motion technology and an accelerometer to track your movement. Unlike most pedometers, the Fitbit adds a mobile base station that dynamically uploads your data when you come within 15 ft of the hub. Sounds like a great product, right. It is but there are dozens of compelling products out there that effectively track your movement. This is more than a product, it is a program and a lifestyle. To truly get the most out of the Fitbit, one must also track caloric intake. There is nothing proprietary about the calorie counting program but it's certainly as effective as any. But the value prop of the Fitbit from my perspective is the data capture and manipulation capabilities. I have learned that data, and the manipulation of said data, allows me to develop process. Processes are repeatable and improve probabilities for success in virtually every challenge in life.

In 7 weeks with the Fitbit, I have lost 31.1 lbs. I had lost about 8 lbs in the prior 8 weeks. I attribute most of my success to my resolve but the constant feedback provided by my Fitbit keeps me motivated and normalizes the mental highs and lows. I plan to use my Fitbit to lose another 16.9 lbs in the next 29 days and roll into my 20 yr. high school reunion at my senior year playing weight.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome - psyched it has worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been a very good steward of this blog but I thought I would relay my experiences over the last two months as I attempt to reclaim my health,
    Consulting Advisory Saudi Arabia
    Feasibility Study Consultants Saudi Arabia

    ReplyDelete